Welcome to the City of Rancho Mirage's new municipal website!

Frequently Asked Questions

Below are answers to some of the most commonly asked questions from Business License applicants. If you don’t find what you are looking for, please do not hesitate to contact us at (760) 324-4511.
Can I pay for my Business License with a credit card?
Yes, the City accepts credit cards.
Can I apply for a Business License prior to obtaining a Resale number or Fictitious Business Name?
We encourage you to apply for your Resale number and Fictitious Name prior to obtaining your Business License.
Can I open a business checking account prior to issuance of a Business License?
It is advisable to check with your banking institution for their particular requirements. Generally, they will need the following information prior to opening your account:

  1. Copy of Fictitious Name filing
  2. Federal & State Identification Numbers
  3. State of California Resale Number
  4. Copy of Business License receipt
How can I get more information about joining the Rancho Mirage Chamber of Commerce?

For more information on becoming a member of the Rancho Mirage Chamber of Commerce please contact:

Rancho Mirage Chamber of Commerce
71905 Highway 111 , Suite H
Rancho Mirage, CA 92270
(760) 568-9351


Where to register for free Overseeding & Water Conservation Certification Courses?
For more information on requirements for the Overseeding & Water Conservation Certification Course, please contact:

Coachella Valley Association of Governments (CVAG)
73-710 Fred Waring Drive, Suite 200
Palm Desert, CA 92260
(760) 346-1127
Who do I contact to file for a Fictitious Business Name?
For more information on Fictitious Business Name filings, please contact:

County of Riverside
County Clerk Office
82-675 Highway 111, Suite 113
Indio, CA. 92201
(760) 863-7490
Where can I obtain a Resale number/Seller's Permit for my business?
For more information on Resale numbers/Seller’s Permits, please contact:

State of California
Board of Equalization – Rancho Mirage office
35-900 Bob Hope Drive, Suite 280
Rancho Mirage CA. 92270
Tel: 760-770-4828
Fax: 760-770-6876
Where can I apply for an Environmental Health Permit?
For more information on Environmental Health Permits, please contact:

County of Riverside
Department of Environmental Health
2500 N. Palm Canyon Drive, Suite A-3
Palm Springs, CA. 92262
(760) 320-1048
Where can I apply for a beer/wine or liquor license?
For more information on Liquor Licenses, please contact:

State of California
Department of Alcoholic Beverage Control
42-700 Bob Hope Drive, Suite 317
Rancho Mirage, CA. 92270
(760) 568-0990
Who do I contact to obtain a Tax Identification number?
Tax ID numbers are issued by:

US Department of Treasury
Internal Revenue Services
980 Tahquitz Canyon Way
Palm Springs, CA. 92262
(800) 829-4933
How do I apply to become a corporation or partnership?
Business entities are filed with the:

California Secretary of State
Business Programs Division
1500 11th Street, 3rd Floor
Sacramento, CA. 95814
(919) 657-5448
Who can I contact regarding information on obtaining a state license or to file a complaint against a state licensed individual?
For more information on Licenses issued by the State, please contact:

State of California
Department of Consumer Affairs
400 R Street
Sacramento, CA. 95814
(800) 952-5210
Where is the regional State Contractors office located?
For more information on Contractors Licenses, please contact:

State of California
Contractors License Board
1845 Business Center Drive, Suite 206
San Bernardino, CA. 92408-3467
(800) 321-2752
How can I find out if I need any other permits for my business?
Information regarding permit requirements can be obtained from:

State of California
Permit Assistance Center
4080 Lemon Street, 2nd Floor
Riverside, CA. 92507
(800) GOV-1-STOP
Where can I apply for a small business loan?
Information on small business loans can be obtained by contacting:

San Diego District Office
550 West C Street – Suite 550
San Diego, CA. 92101-3500
Who do I contact if I am doing business in an unincorporated area such as Thousand Palms or Bermuda Dunes?
Businesses in unincorporated areas are regulated by the Riverside County Assessor’s Office. Contact:

County of Riverside Assessor’s Office
Business Personal Property Division
4080 Lemon Street
PO Box 12004
Riverside, CA. 92502-2204
(909) 955-6210